The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alfredo Pizza


There is a certain all-you-can-eat pizza buffet chain that has an alfredo pizza. Growing up...that was just about all I would eat there. It was my FAVE. :)

Now that I'm older and wiser (ha), I still like alfredo pizza. So since there is not a pizza buffet near enough to me to make it worth the effort, I decided to make my own. Crust, sauce, cheese. That's it. I know you're jealous. Just make it already and get it over with. Haha.

Ingredients:
-Pizza Crust (I bought mine at the grocery store, but you can make your own if you're so inclined)
-Alfredo sauce (I made mine from scratch, as usual, but do whatcha gotta do)
-Shredded mozzarella cheese (you can also add a little parmesan or Italian seasoning for flavor)

Directions:
Place the pizza crust on a flat surface (if it's totally raw, half bake it before moving on). Spread on some alfredo sauce. Don't make it too thick, or your pizza will be mushy. Plus, alfredo is a rich sauce...too much would make the pizza a little too rich, and not very tasty. A thinnish layer will do. Next, sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese, evenly, all over the pizza. If you're doing the parmesan and seasonings too, add those too. Bake it at 350-400 degrees until the crust is cooked completely, the cheese is all melted, and everything is delicious looking. Cut into slices and enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment