The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baked Tortellini in Rose Sauce

I love rose sauce (pronounced ro-zay). It's a wonderful creamy tomato sauce that is just yummy. I also love tortellini. Mmm. Put them together with a bunch of yummy melted mozzarella cheese, and oh my goodness...lovely.

As we all know, pasta is my weakness, so it comes as no surprise that I have yet another pasta dish to share with you. For some reason, baked pasta seems to make the day better. Haha. I love me some pasta, topped with a yummy sauce, but there's something about baking it with melted cheese on top that just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Yum.

This was super easy and super yummy, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

Ingredients:
-fresh tortellini pasta (in the deli section of the store, usually)
-your favorite brand of tomato pasta sauce (I only used half the jar, but I was making a smaller amount)
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cook the tortellini according to package directions until just al dente. Do NOT overcook, since baking the pasta in sauce will continue to soften it up. No mushy pasta, people! Drain and set aside.

In a sauce pan, combine the tomato sauce and cream.
Heat over medium low heat until warm and well incorporated. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Pour into a baking dish
and top with the shredded mozzarella.

Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 F, or until the cheese is melted and everything is hot and delicious.
Serve and enjoy!
Toasty garlic bread is a great addition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment