The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cream Cheese Strawberry Crescents

So recently I went to someone's house for a get together. I wanted to take something, but it was kind of last minute, so I needed to make do with what I had in the kitchen. Lucky for me, I had a roll of refrigerator crescent rolls. You can make so much with those things, seriously.

I then looked to see what I could find to stuff inside these lovely rolls. I found cream cheese and strawberry jelly. Perfection.

These were the result of the experiment. I will say they made a lovely sticky sugary mess on my baking sheet, so next time I might do things a little differently, but they were still good. You could do these with a full crescent roll instead of cutting them smaller like I did, too. I was just trying to make smaller treats. :)

Ingredients:
-refrigerator crescent rolls
-About 1/4 of a block of cream cheese
-About 1/3 cup jelly

Directions:
Preheat oven according to package directions.

Lay out the crescent roll dough on a baking sheet. If using the full rolls, just separate them. If cutting into smaller bits, cut and separate (I didn't separate very well, and it made it harder to roll them around the filling).

Spread a little cream cheese on each roll.
Spoon a little strawberry jelly over the cream cheese.
Roll the crescent dough around the filling and evenly space them on the baking sheet.
Bake according to package directions, until golden brown and yummy.

Remove from baking sheet before they cool, especially if the jelly oozed out and made a mess. Once it cools, it's almost impossible to get the rolls off without mangling them. Serve and enjoy.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment