The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu Rollups

This meal was a result of boredom and ingenuity. I was bored with everything I had been cooking, and this was all pretty much stuff I already had in my pantry and fridge.

I used thin-cut chicken breasts, purchased that way from the store. They're thinner and cook more quickly, and in the case of this meal, are easier to wrap around things. If you only have regular chicken breasts available, just butterfly them all the way through to make thinner pieces. Basically, one chicken breast would become two thinner ones.

This was actually very tasty. My hubby enjoyed it, and so did I. I served this with fresh green beans and some rolls. Yum! This was easy and delicious, and didn't take very long. Great weeknight meal!

Ingredients:
-thin-sliced chicken breasts, enough to feed everyone.
-ham lunch meat (any kind will do, really)
-swiss cheese, sliced thin for sandwiches
-toothpicks, for securing the rolls

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Lay the chicken out flat.
Place a slice of the swiss cheese in the center of the breast.
Next, layer on a couple slices of the ham,
followed by another slice of the cheese.

Carefully roll the chicken around the cheese and ham, securing with a toothpick.
Place on a greased or non-stick baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray to keep the chicken from drying out while baking.

Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, approximately 15-20 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment