The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken Pizziola


We eat a lot of chicken in my house. It's just a fact of life. Haha. I try to come up with new stuff to do with it so it doesn't get boring. I am a fan of Chicken Parmesan, and this is kind of a twist on that, to make it interesting. Chicken, Pepperoni, pasta sauce, Mozzarella...all amazing things in my book. So putting them together? Yes please.

Ingredients:
-Chicken Breasts (I used one cause I wasn't making much)
-Spaghetti (you could use any type of pasta, really, I just had some spaghetti on hand)
-tomato pasta sauce
-pepperoni, chopped into small pieces (use as much as you want)
-mozzarella cheese, shredded, to put over the top

Directions:
In a skillet, melt some butter over medium high heat. Cube the chicken and cook it until no longer pink in center. Add the chopped pepperoni and just heat it up a bit with the chicken.


While that's cooking, boil a pot of water. Cook the spaghetti until just al dente. Don't over cook it. Drain and return to pot. Add the chicken and pepperoni. Pour in enough pasta sauce to coat everything well. At this point, you can just dump everything in a baking dish if you want, but I made individual servings in ramekins just for fun. Scoop the pasta mixture into the baking dish, and top with lots and lots of mozzarella. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes, until the mozzarella is melted and everything is hot and bubbly. Serve immediately and enjoy. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment