The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lemon Pepper Chicken


Sometimes, light and simple=wonderful. After the 4th of July weekend, with it's lovely array of somewhat junky food, I wanted something that wouldn't feel like I ingested half of the cooking oil in America. This was my answer. I cheated a little bit (the 4th of July weekend tuckered me out), but it's still good. :)

Ingredients:
-Chicken Breasts (enough to feed everyone)
-Broccoli (enough to feed everyone)
-Rice (enough to feed everyone, I used about a cup of cooked rice per person, so maybe 1/2 cup uncooked?)
-Lemon pepper seasoning (I used a pre-packaged seasoning blend)

Directions:
Spray a lipped cookie sheet with cooking spray. Season the chicken with the seasoning blend, then place it on the cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees until no longer pink in center. For two chicken breasts, I cooked mine for about 25 minutes, flipping them half way through.

While the chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook rice according to package directions. I used the instant rice stuff that take 5 minutes once you get the water boiling.

Cut the broccoli into florets and steam them until tender crisp (you don't want mushy broccoli). Salt lightly.

When everything is ready, scoop the rice onto a plate, pour over some broccoli, then place the chicken on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment