The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Make-Do Sliders

Have you heard of sliders? They're pretty popular these days, it seems. Little tiny burgers are just too fun to pass up, I suppose. Haha. I admit, I enjoy them on occasion too. So when I looked in my freezer and saw I had some frozen dinner rolls, the gears started turning. I decided to try to make my own sliders, just for fun. I also had some leftover frozen french fries from the last time we made burgers, so it was perfect. So I "made-do" with what I had and ended up with sliders. Hence the title of this post. :)

These were easy, and although the rolls took a little while to bake, that was pretty much the longest part of the process. The fries also took a little while, but it was still easy. I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
-frozen dinner rolls
-1 lb ground beef
-cheese slices (I used one slice for 4 sliders)
-Worcestershire sauce, to taste (I probably used just under a teaspoon)
-onion powder to taste (I used probably half a teaspoon)
-desired condiments

Directions:
Bake the rolls according to package directions.
When done, set aside.

Start the french fries. This was the second longest part of the meal, so I started them early. Bake according to package directions.

In a small bowl, mix together the beef, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder. Shape into small patties.
Place on a grill.
Grill the patties until no longer pink.
I used my little countertop grill, so this took basically no time. When cooked through and still hot, add the cheese slices so they'll melt just slightly.


Slice the rolls in half to make a little hamburger bun. Place the meat onto the "bun" and add any desired condiments.
Serve with the hot fries and enjoy! Yum!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you pull together ideas from what you have on hand. Great idea to use frozen dinner rolls for sliders buns--bet they were warm & yummy! I make vegan sliders from meatless ground beef or ground black bean patties topped with soy cheese. Now, I'll have to try the frozen dinner rolls for the buns. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, K! I'm glad I could inspire something new for you. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete