The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Rotini Pasta Bake

I almost always have pasta in the house, so it's no surprise that when I'm looking in my pantry for before-moving leftovers to make dinner, there was some pasta involved. This meal originated from some pasta, some leftover diced tomatoes, and some leftover cheeses I had in the fridge. Super easy, tasty, and wonderful. I will say it's pretty darn cheesy, so if you don't like cheese as much as I do, then reduce the amount slightly. I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
-half box of pasta (about 8 oz, I used rotini)
-half can of diced tomatoes
-2 tablespoons garlic powder
-1 tablespoon onion powder
-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
-1/2 cup water
-3 cups cheese, shredded-I used three types: asiago, mozzarella, and parmesan, about 1 cup each.

Directions:
In a large pot, boil some water. Add the pasta and cook until just al dente. Drain and set aside.

While the pasta is cooking, in a medium sauce pan over medium/medium high heat, add in the tomatoes, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
Stir to combine. Let it come to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until the sauce has reduced down a bit, stirring occasionally.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

When the sauce has reduced down, add to the pasta and stir to coat.
Add in about half of each cheese and stir to combine.
Pour into a baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the pasta.
Bake in the 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and yummy.
Remove from oven and serve.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment