The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots

This is probably one of the easiest recipes of all time. No lie.

My mom used to make this occasionally for Sunday dinner. I have fond memories of coming home from church Sunday morning and having pot roast for lunch. I'm sure my mom loved it because it was so easy. Haha. I appreciated that aspect as well. :)

You will need a crock pot for this version of pot roast. You can do it in the oven, but that's not how I do it so I can't really direct you in that regard. Have fun!

Ingredients:
-Beef roast (I think mine was a pound or so, to feed two...adjust to feed your family)
-new potatoes, enough to feed everyone
-carrots (I used baby carrots...if you use regular ones, just chop them into large pieces)
-1 cup water
-any seasonings you'd like (I would at least add some salt and pepper)

Directions:
Place the roast in the crock pot. If you're adding seasoning, mix it with the water, then pour into the crock pot. Otherwise, just pour the water in. Intersperse the potatoes and carrots all around the crock pot. Cover with the lid.

Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. When the time's up, make sure the roast is cooked through, and the veggies are tender.
Serve and enjoy! I make brown gravy to go with mine, but the "juice" in the crock pot is good too.
Yum! See, easiest recipe of all time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment