The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Alfredo Pasta Shell Bake

I think pasta shells are fun, don't you? I mean, pasta comes in lots of fun shapes, but shells make me smile for some reason. Haha. I know, I'm a little nutty, but hey. They are fun. :)

This recipe is super simple and super yummy, if you like alfredo sauce. Which I do. You can add some other goodies like chicken, spinach, etc, to make it even better if you want. I just kept it simple this time. :)

This will probably feed 3-4 people depending on appetite, so adjust accordingly.

Ingredients:
-8 oz pasta shells (the medium sized ones)
-1.5 cups alfredo sauce (I made mine from scratch- find my recipe here, just don't add the spinach...unless you want to)
-1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend

Directions:
In a large pot, cook pasta until just al dente; slightly underdone is better than slightly overdone. Drain it and return it to the pot. Pour in the alfredo sauce and stir to coat the pasta.
Next, pour into a 1.5 quart baking dish
and top with the shredded cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes, until the cheese on top is melted and everything is hot and yummy.
Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment