The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Chips

I love eating tortilla chips with some sort of dip. It is one of my favorite snacks ever. I decided since I like them so much, I might as well try to make some at home. I used store bought flour tortillas. Adjust as desired. :)

Ingredients:
-1 package flour tortillas
-cooking spray
-salt, if desired

Directions:
Turn on the broiler setting to low on your oven. Let it pre-heat.

Cut the tortillas into wedges. I used a pizza cutter and cut a few at a time. I got 8 wedges from each tortilla.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay out the wedges in a single layer, making sure they don't touch or overlap.
Spray the wedges with cooking spray. Place under the broiler until toasted.
Just stand there and watch them. It won't take long. Flip the wedges over and return to the oven until that side is crispy as well. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, is desired. Serve with the dip of your choosing.
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment