The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stuff even my husband can cook- meal #2

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband recently? Oh, I have? Ok. Just in case, though- I love my husband. Just saying. :)

This meal was a joint effort. I had some russet potatoes leftover from another meal, so I just wrapped them in foil and baked them for an hour at 400 degrees F in one of my rare bouts of energy.

Then there's this amazing thing at the grocery store called the deli/ready made meal section. In it you will find all kinds of wonderful things, like already made BBQ pulled pork. Pop it in the microwave according to the package directions, and top a baked potato with it, and voila! Instant dinner. I actually did this once before (see BBQ Stuffed Baked potatoes), so it's not really new and exciting, but it was easy and yummy. If you don't feel like BBQ, topping the potato with steamed broccoli and cheese sauce or just butter, cheese, and sour cream are great options.

East meal, very little effort, very tasty. Success!

1 comment:

  1. I have to share because this is too funny. I saw your post while I was trying to come up with lunch today so I decided to make something similar only with chili instead of pulled pork. Anyway I usually pop potatoes in the microwave but decided to try it in the oven. EPIC fail. I cooked them for an hour for 400* and they were still UNCOOKED. It cracked me up after reading your post about stuff even your DH could cook. I guess I am not such a good cook. haha

    ReplyDelete