The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I have an announcement to make...and an apology. :)

Ok, so I realize that I haven't posted in a little bit. I shall explain why shortly. First, let me just say that I'm sorry for the lack of posts. Just bear with me, and soon I'm hoping things will return to some semblance of normalcy. I hope.

Now for the announcement...
My husband and I are expecting our first child! That's right. We're very excited. :)

At the moment, food is not my friend, as you may well imagine, so it's been difficult to cook much of anything. Also, I have absolutely NO ENERGY. So even if food was appetizing, I probably wouldn't have the motivation to actually stand in the kitchen and cook for any amount of time. However...

I'm reaching the end of my first trimester now, and I'm hoping that some of the fatigue and food aversions will fade a bit so I can get back in the kitchen and post yummy recipes once again. In the meantime, my wonderful husband, God bless him, made a suggestion. He asked me to come up with a meal plan for the week, of stuff he could cook so I didn't have to. What a sweetheart! Unfortunately, my husband is a bit...culinarily challenged...so coming up with things he could put together was pretty comical. He even told me..."Most of it will probably be frozen dinners, but at least I can heat them up for you or something." At least he has a good sense of humor about it. Haha. And at least he's thoughtful enough to want to try.

So...for the next few weeks or so, I won't be posting recipes so much as I'll be posting funny stories of my husband's attempts in the kitchen. Perhaps I should call the series of posts, "Stuff even my husband can cook," or some such witty fun. It should be entertaining to say the least. Haha. Thanks for bearing with me as I go through this lovely little adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment