The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stuff Even My Husband Can Cook- meal #4

It is amazing to me how much frozen food you can get now-a-days. And the best part is that a lot of it actually tastes decent; as in, not like cardboard. Haha. It's also amazing the contraptions these food companies think up to help cook that frozen food in a microwave. Insanity. Little browning trays and pedestals and all kinds of craziness.

To try to help my hubby out, I bought some frozen Chicken Pot Pies that he could just throw in the microwave. I was a little worried that the crust would be soggy or the middle of the filling would be lukewarm or downright cold, but I was pleasantly surprised. Those crazy frozen food fiends did it again, making some paper carton that doubles as a nice little oven toaster thinger for the microwave. The crust was browned and crispy, and the filling was hot all the way through. And it was something my wonderful hubby could manage. All around victory, I say. :)

Don't get me wrong...I like freshly made food whenever possible, but in some instances...this is just necessary. Haha. Some days, we all just need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment