The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chicken Salad


I would just like to say I am embarrassed by the amount of time that has elapsed between posts. I sincerely apologize to my numerous fans. haha. But really...it has been entirely too long since I shared the Picnic with you.

I made this chicken salad for a get-together, and then I had to make it again for myself. I didn't get enough at the party. Hehe. But I'm a fan of a sweeter, more fruity chicken salad than a savory one. So if you like savory chicken salads, this ain't for you. But you're welcome to try it anyway. :) If you're picky about your chicken salad...this one is probably a good one for you. I don't like celery. I refuse to add it to my chicken salad, even if it is a typical ingredient. I refuse. Celery haters of the world rejoice! No celery in this chicken salad. I hope you all enjoy this amazingness. Let's begin.

Ingredients:
-Chicken breasts (depending on how much salad you want to make...I used one for just lil' ole me)
-mayonnaise (I eyeball it, just enough to moisten the salad)
-grapes, halved or quartered depending on size (I would say 1/2 cup for each cup of chicken
-eggs, hard-boiled (also depending on how much salad you are making-I used one egg per chicken breast)
-salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a food processor, add in a rough chopped chicken breast. Pulse to shred the chicken, but don't let it get past the point of shreds to the pasty stage. Dump into a large mixing bowl. Rough chop the shelled hard-boiled egg. I usually remove the yolk because I'm not a fan. Place the egg in the food processor and pulse until the pieces are small but not pulverized.
Add to the chicken in the mixing bowl. Add the grapes. Stir until ingredients are mixed together. Add mayo a little at a time until the salad is moistened but not dripping. Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine well. Spread on bread to make a sandwich, or serve with crackers. Yummy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment