The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Taco Pasta


I wanted to make pasta, but I didn't really want any of my typical staples. I decided to come up with something new. Yes, I did. My lovely husband is a fan of Mexican food, so I decided that since Chicken Enchilada pasta was successful, Taco Pasta might be too. And the experiment began.

This is super simple, and doesn't take very long at all. This would be a great weeknight dinner for a busy mom. Just throwing that out there. :) Away we go.

Ingredients:
-1 lb ground beef
-1 can red enchilada sauce
-1/3 cup sour cream
-1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
-1/2 box penne pasta (1/2 lb)

Directions:
In a large pot, boil water. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.

While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the beef until no longer pink. Drain, then return to the skillet. Add the enchilada sauce and stir to coat meat well. Add the sour cream and stir to combine. Make sure the sour cream "melts" into the sauce. Once that's all well-incorporated, add the cheese and stir into the sauce, letting it melt.
Reduce heat to medium as you continue to let the cheese melt into the sauce, stirring frequently. Once the sauce is all melted and hot and yummy, mix with the pasta to coat well. Serve hot and garnish with a little shredded cheese and sour cream. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment