The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cheeseburger Pastry

So...I have vowed that for this year, I am going to try to make a new recipe once a week. That may mean I get a little...creative. This might be one of those times. Haha.

Not too long ago, I made cheeseburger pizza. I was...not too smart, and made a whole lb of burger flavored beef instead of the 1/4 to 1/2 lb I would have needed. So I had some extra burger flavored beef. I didn't want to waste it, so I came up with this recipe to try to use most of it up. It turned out pretty well, I think, even though it might be considered a little bit odd. Give it a shot. it's kinda fun. :)

Ingredients:
-1/2 lb ground beef
-1/2 teaspoon worceistershire sauce
-1/2 tablespoon ketchup
-1/2 tablespoon mustard
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1 sheet frozen puff pastry

Directions:
Thaw the puff pastry according to package directions. While it's thawing, mix together the meat, worceistershire sauce, mustard, ketchup, and onion powder. Set it aside.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the pastry sheet in half.
Place a layer of the cheese on one half of each piece of pastry, leaving a clean edge around it so you can seal it later.
Form about half the meat into a patty that will fit over the layer of cheese.
Add a little more cheese over the meat.
Moisten the edge of the pastry, just a little. This will help it stick together. Carefully fold the pastry over the meat and cheese and seal the edges with a fork. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the meat is cooked through inside.
Enjoy your fancy "cheeseburger!"

No comments:

Post a Comment