The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

My poor husband has contracted a case of the winter yuck, as I call it. You're not "sick," like having a fever, you don't feel bad enough to stay home from work. But you just feel yuck. Congestion, coughing, all that fun stuff. So when he got home today, he took a nap and requested chicken noodle soup when he woke up. It was not something I had planned to make, but how can you say no to your wonderful husband when he doesn't feel well? So...I searched my pantry and my fridge to find the stuff I needed to make chicken noodle soup.

I found a couple different types of noodles, a couple carrots, and some chicken bouillon. I had frozen chicken breasts in the freezer. I was golden. I don't like celery. It tastes like dirt to me or something. I can't stand it. So I wouldn't add that to my chicken noodle soup even if I had it, which I didn't...since I won't eat it. Haha. So...this was a meal of necessity, but it turned out pretty well. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-5 cups chicken broth
-5 cups water
-1 cup cubed chicken pieces, uncooked
-2 carrots, peeled and chopped
-2 cups of uncooked pasta
-1.5 tablespoons onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon celery salt

Directions:
In a large pot over high heat, boil the water and broth. Add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for another couple minutes. Add the pasta and cook another 10 minutes or so, until the pasta is tender.
After adding the pasta, add the onion powder and celery salt. Stir to evenly distribute. When the pasta is tender, the carrots are cooked, and the chicken is cooked through, it's done. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment