The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pasta in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce

When I make pasta, I like to vary to sauces, in case you couldn't tell. Haha. This time around, I decided to make a tomato cream sauce with basil. Super easy, super yummy, and pretty too. :)

I used tricolor rotini pasta. It made the plating look pretty, and it's a good way to add a tiny bit of veggie-ness to a pasta dish. You know me...sneaking in veggies is my M.O. Hehe. So this was good. I think it turned out pretty well. Yum.

Ingredients:
-pasta
-1 can plain tomato sauce
-2 tablespoons garlic powder
-1 tablespoon onion powder
-2 teaspoons dried basil
-3/4 cup heavy cream
-shredded mozzarella for garnish

Directions:
Boil a large pot of water. Cook the pasta until tender. Drain and set aside.

In a medium sauce pan, combine the tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and basil.
Stir to combine well. Let the sauce heat up over medium/low heat. Stir occasionally. When the sauce is warm, add the cream and stir to incorporate.
Continue letting the sauce cook over medium/low until the sauce is hot. Stir occasionally. Pour the sauce over the drained pasta and stir until the pasta is well coated.
Serve hot with a little shredded mozzarella on top. Yum!
See, easy cheesy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment