The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Apple Cranberry Pork Chops

Ok, so I know this isn't really "seasonal" or anything, but it sounded really good to me, so I made it. So there. I'm a rebel without a cause...or something. Haha. But really, I did like this. I think I could improve upon it the next time I make it, but it was good none-the-less. Sweet apples and tart dried cranberries with pork chops= yummy. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
-pork chops (I used 4 boneless chops, about 1/2 in thick or so)
-2 green apples, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
-about 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
-salt and pepper, to taste
-1/2 cup water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a baking dish, lay the pork chops in a single layer. Season them with salt and pepper.

Add in the apple pieces and dried cranberries, and smooth into a relatively uniform layer on top of the chops.
Pour the water over the top and cover with foil.

Bake in the oven until the chops are cooked through, approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on how many there are. Serve with some yummy veggies (I made steamed and buttered asparagus with Yukon gold potatoes), and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment