The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pasta in Creamy Tomato Cheese Sauce

This is probably one of the easiest pasta dishes I've ever made, but I think it turned out pretty well. A mixture of cream cheese and some jarred tomato pasta sauce made for a yummy, rich pasta. I used rigatoni pasta, because it's a big hollow tube pasta that holds lots of sauce in each noodle. And that's always good, isn't it? Of course it is. Away we go!

Ingredients:
-1 8oz block cream cheese (regular or reduced fat, doesn't matter)
-1 large jar tomato pasta sauce of your choice
-pasta, whichever kind you prefer (as mentioned, I used rigatoni)

Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.

While the pasta is cooking, add the cream cheese in chunks to a medium sized sauce pan.
Begin to melt the cream cheese over medium heat. Add the pasta sauce and stir to combine. The cream cheese won't be all the way melted, but it will slowly melt into the tomato sauce. Stir frequently to make sure the cheese is melted in and well incorporated. When the cream cheese has melted completely into the sauce, and the sauce is hot, it's done!

Coat the pasta in the sauce
and serve immediately. So yummy! And so easy! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely making this tonight! I picked up some cream cheese for another recipe and felt a calling to pick up another pack just in case... I think it's destiny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I hope you enjoy it! I love when menu options just fall into my lap. Haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was delicious! Very similar to a more complicated tomato cream sauce that I adore but takes forever to make. I inhaled the leftovers the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for easy yummy recipes! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete