The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicken Bacon Quesadillas

Ok, so quesadillas are so super easy to make. I make them when I don't feel like cooking. Most of the time they're really simple, like just cheese or something. But occasionally I like to spice things up a bit. This time, I used chicken, bacon, and cheese. Super easy, and quick. Dipping these in ranch dressing is pretty tasty too. MMM. You can also make these as an appetizer or snack, or as a full on light meal. Very adaptable.

I bake my quesadillas most of the time, but you can grill them too. Either way, the inside is hot and melty and yummy, so do what you will. None of the ingredients have measurements because I just throw things together. Make enough to feed everyone, and just assemble at will. Let's go!

Ingredients:
-chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (you can season them if you want, depending on what flavor you're going for)
-bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can cheat and use store bought bacon bits)
-shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
-tortillas (I used flour. I think they work better for quesadillas)

Directions:
Sprinkle a layer of the cheese on one half of one of the tortillas.
Add the chicken and bacon.
Sprinkle another layer of cheese on top. Fold the tortilla over the filling.
Use a toothpick to hold it closed if necessary. Place on a baking sheet
and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, turning over halfway through. The tortilla should be slightly crispy and slightly browned.
Cut the baked quesadilla into wedges
and serve. Ranch dressing for dipping sauce, and you've got a winner.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment