The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Stuff Even My Husband Can Cook- meal #7

I think pasta is one of the easiest things in the world to cook, once you get the hang of it. My poor hubby thinks pasta is hard, because he tends to either overcook or undercook it. He just needs practice. :)

I "supervised" the pasta cooking operation to make sure all went well, and it did. Hubby's a quick study. Haha. This pasta meal was made even easier by the fact that it didn't have a sauce to go with it. You heard me (or saw me, I guess?) correctly, folks. This pasta was tossed in melted garlic butter, then sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese. Amazingly simple, but very tasty (in my opinion), and something hubby could manage.

As a quick aside/anecdote-as a kid, I was even pickier than I am now. I know, shocking. Anyway, as a kid, I hated tomato spaghetti sauce. I think it was the acidity, although at 10 years old I didn't know what that was yet. Haha. So when my mom would make spaghetti for dinner, she would always melt some butter for me to put over plain spaghetti, and I would sprinkle grated parmesan over it. So this is a shout out to my mom, who put up with my picky nature all those years, and made pasta in butter with cheese on it a possibility for me. Haha. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment