The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tomato Basil Pizza

Hooray! I finally feel good enough to start cooking again. I'm sure I won't be cooking quite as much as I did before, but at least I can do a few meals a week again. That'll do, I think.

This was very, very easy to make, but it is a "homemade" pizza that I think turned out really well. I'm a big fan of cheese pizza, because I'm picky. Haha. So this was a great alternative to the same-old, same-old cheese pizza. A pizza crust, some pizza sauce, fresh basil, and shredded mozzarella combine to make this very simple, but very tasty, pizza.

Ingredients:
-pizza crust (I used a store bought, half-baked crust, but use your favorite)
-approx. 1 cup pizza sauce (I made mine from plain tomato sauce, adding herbs and spices to taste)
-1 sprig fresh basil leaves (a few leaves, in other words)
-shredded mozzarella cheese (the amount will vary based on preference...I used about 1-1.5 cups, probably)

Directions:
If your pizza crust is raw, half-bake it before adding any toppings.
Once half baked, spread an even layer of the pizza sauce all over the crust. Gently tear the basil leaves and sprinkle them around the surface of the pizza.
The reason I say gently tear is because basil bruises easily, and it doesn't taste as good if it's bruised. Chopping tends to bruise it more than tearing, so just be nice. :)

Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pizza, and bake according to the crust directions until everything is hot and the cheese is melted and yummy.
Cut in slices and enjoy! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment