The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Meal Plan and Shopping List

Hooray for another week of meals! I'm going to share an ingredient list for shopping as well. :) After each meal will be a list of ingredients for that meal, so you can know what to shop for.

This coming week's meal plan, with the ingredients needed:

Sunday-eat up leftovers; no shopping needed for that. Haha.

Monday-Baked Potatoes with Steamed Broccoli and Cheese Sauce; Russet baking potatoes, Broccoli, at least a cup or two of your preferred shredded Cheese (I like cheddar, colby jack, etc), heavy cream, Butter, flour, salt, pepper

Tuesday-Beef Quesadillas; Flour tortillas, ground beef, taco seasoning (or cumin, chili powder, and garlic), shredded cheese (colby jack is my fave to use), a little bit of butter for cooking

Wednesday-Small Group for church, so leftovers or sandwiches or something

Thursday-White lasagna, made with homemade alfredo sauce; Lasagna noodles, heavy cream (at least a pint), butter, flour, parmesan cheese (a whole bag of the already shredded), mozzarella cheese (a whole bag of the already shredded), garlic to taste (I use at least 3 cloves of fresh, a couple teaspoons of powder), chicken (probably 2-3 breasts), spinach (a cup or two of frozen/canned, depending how spinachy you want it) For a slight adaptation to lasagna florentine, you can use some tomato sauce along with the alfredo.

Friday-Pizza night (pretty much every Friday is-sometimes frozen, sometimes homemade); frozen pizza

Saturday-Cream Cheese Chicken; Chicken (2-3 breasts), an 8 oz block of cream cheese, an italian dressing seasoning packet (or any seasoning packet you think looks yummy...sometimes I get a tomato and herb packet, etc), butter (at least 6 tablespoons), garlic, a can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup of chicken broth, and a starch to eat it with (I use egg noodles, but rice or something would work too)

Sunday-Chicken Tacos (since I didn't make them last week); Chicken (2-3 breasts), flour tortillas, shredded cheese (I like colby jack), a jar of your favorite salsa (I use Pace picante mild), and any "fixin's" you like on tacos (lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc). If you're going to be making more than 2-3 chicken breasts, I would suggest a second jar of salsa. You want the salsa to pretty much cover the chicken in the bottom of a pot.

Hope this helps you to prepare for the week!

2 comments:

  1. So it took me 5 minutes to put together my shopping list :) I hope that you keep this stuff on here for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to help. :) It is my intention to do this for a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete