The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meal Plan and Shopping List

It's once again time for a meal plan and shopping list. I will probably start posting the plan on Wednesdays for the following Monday-Sunday. That way, there is enough time to get a list together and go to the store if you're going to follow relatively closely to my plan. So without further ado...the list!

Monday: Leftovers-clean out the fridge day!

Tuesday: Homemade macaroni and cheese; pasta (any kind will do, but preferably a shorter, curly or hollow noodle), heavy cream (at least a cup), cheese (I use cheddar and colby jack, probably almost a whole block of each), salt, pepper, flour, butter

Wednesday: Chicken Pesto Pasta; Pasta (I'm using rigatoni), spinach, basil, parmesan, olive oil, heavy cream, mozzarella, chicken breasts (1 or 2)

Thursday: Honey Mustard Chicken and rice; Chicken breasts (enough to feed everyone), rice, (I use white Minute rice), honey mustard, brown sugar

Friday: Homemade Chicken Florentine Pizza; Pizza crust (I use a refrigerator dough), chicken breasts (1 or 2), spinach, canned tomatoes, alfredo sauce (I make it homemade with flour, butter, cream, garlic, parmesan, and mozarella), mozzarella cheese, garlic

Saturday: Chicken Bacon Ranch Panini; Bread (use anything...I'll be using white bread), Chicken breasts (enough to feed everyone), ranch dressing, bacon, cheese (I'll use Swiss), butter

Sunday: Beef Stew and cornbread; Stew beef, flour, beef broth, salt, pepper, potatoes (I use red potatoes), carrots, onions (if you want them), bay leaves, and cornbread (I just use a mix, but feel free to make homemade if you have a good recipe)

Hope this helps you begin to prepare for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment