The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chicken Tacos


This is what I call a "one pot wonder." You use one pot, and then serve. Lovely. And...it has two ingredients. Well, unless you count the cheese, and then it's three. And if you count the tortillas, then 4. But really, I mean...One pot. It's great.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast (I use one and it's enough for the two of us. use more for more people)
A jar of your favorite salsa (I use Pace picante sauce, mild)
Shredded cheese (to top the taco)
Tortillas

Directions:
In a medium size pot, put the chicken breast(s) in a single layer on the bottom. Cover with the jar of salsa. Cook 5 minutes, then turn it over. When the chicken is cooked, shred it with two forks. Let it simmer over low heat for another few minutes to let it soak in the salsa to pick up the flavor. Spoon it into a flour tortilla, top with cheese, and roll it up. You can add other toppings if desired. I'm not a fan of veggies on my tacos. :) Some sour cream might be good though. Haha. This is a super easy meal, and I hope it's helpful for all you busy people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment