The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pepperoni Sub


So as I was digging through my pantry and fridge in search of something edible (I was kind of behind on that whole grocery shopping thing...oops), I came across some pepperoni, shredded mozzarella, and some hoagie rolls. This is what I ended up with when it was all said and done.

There is something magical that happens when necessity gives birth to invention, and this was one of those times. This is by no means my best meal ever, or even one of the most interesting, but I felt somehow victorious for creating it out of the leftover junk in my house. Haha. It was better than the typical PB&J that I would have had to resort to otherwise. So here it is.

Ingredients:
-Hoagie roll
-Pepperoni
-Shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Preheat your oven broiler on low.

Open up the hoagie roll. Spread a thin layer of mozzarella on top of it. Lay as much pepperoni on it as you'd like, or as much as you have leftover from that one time you attempted to make a homemade pizza. ;) Spread another layer of mozzarella over the pepperoni. Place the sandwich on a baking sheet, and broil it in the oven for a few minutes, until the bread is kinda toasty and all the cheese is melted, and everything is hot and yummy. As I always say when using the oven broiler...DO.NOT.WALK.AWAY. Stand there and watch it. Otherwise...you will burn it. Trust me on this. I know from experience...many experiences actually.

Remove the sandwich from it's baking sheet, fold it together to make a real sandwich, and enjoy. It would be good dipped in marinara/tomato sauce, too, I think. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment