The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Steak Dinner


I had a request of steak for dinner from my beloved husband. Since I try to accommodate him when possible, I decided to make it. Added benefit...my husband grills the steaks. :) One less thing for me to do. Woohoo. He also marinated them for us. He got the marinade here, and it was pretty amazing, not gonna lie. We only marinated them for about 30 minutes, too, so it was simple and quick too. I took care of the sides...loaded mashed potatoes and seasoned green beans. Yum. It was all pretty great, not gonna lie. So if you ever feel like steak, and don't want to pay for the night out...here's your solution. :)

Ingredients:
-Steak (We used New York strip steaks, hubby's fave)
-Potatoes (I used russet)
-Green beans (I used canned)
-Butter (to taste for potatoes and green beans...I probably used 3 tablespoons for each side)
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-3 tablespoons bacon bits (the real bacon kind), 1 T for green beans, 2 T for potatoes
-2 tablespoons sour cream
-1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)

Directions:
In a shallow dish or plastic bag, marinate the steak with your favorite marinade for at least 30 minutes.

Peel and cube the potatoes. Boil a large pot of water and cook the potatoes until tender and cooked through. Mash with a potatoes masher, then add the butter, cheese, sour cream, and bacon bits. Mix thoroughly.

In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium/medium high heat. Add the green beans and onion powder. Mix until the beans are coated evenly with the butter and heated through.

Have your favorite grill master grill your steak to the perfect done-ness. Serve all together and enjoy thoroughly! Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment