The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grilled Burritos

Once again, I’m making food based on what’s left in my pantry and fridge. These grilled burritos would be easy to throw together on a busy weeknight. Super easy and pretty yummy.
I usually have some tortillas in the pantry. They’re so versatile that they can make a decent meal in a pinch…quesadillas, burritos, enchiladas, etc. So I had quite a few in my pantry. I also pretty much always have chicken in my freezer. We eat a lot of chicken. Chicken is also very versatile.
So I looked at the remaining ingredients in my kitchen and came up with this recipe. I think it turned out pretty well, and it’s not totally crazy. Haha. I made enough for my husband and I to each have 3 or 4 burritos because my tortillas were smaller. If you’re using bigger tortillas, you won’t have as many burritos. I also made about a cup of cooked chicken, just to gauge how much this made. Anyway, enjoy.

Ingredients:
-chicken breast, cooked and shredded (about a cup)
-1/2 can whole kernel corn, drained
-1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby jack)
-tortillas, enough to feed everyone

Directions:
Combine the chicken, corn, black beans, and cheese in a large-ish bowl. Stir to incorporate everything evenly.
Spoon a little of the filling in the center of a tortilla.
Fold one edge (the “bottom” of the tortilla) slightly toward the center.
This will keep the filling from falling out as you eat it. Next, fold the two “sides” in to the center to create the burrito.
I used my counter top grill to grill the burritos. I just placed them on the grill, closed the lid, and let them grill for a couple minutes until they were golden brown.
You can also bake them for a few minutes. Either way, heating them up is ideal. Serve immediately.
Yum! I told you it was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment