The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spaghetti with cheesy garlic breadsticks


Ok, so spaghetti is a common deal in our house. I've posted about it before, but this time, I made cheesy garlic breadsticks. It made spaghetti so much yummier. Haha. And it was easy.

I was also proud of myself because I made whole wheat pasta instead of regular. It wasn't half bad either. Haha. I used jarred sauce cause I was in a hurry. But the bread was the star of the show anyway. So we'll focus on that. :)

Ingredients:
-Spaghetti
-Spaghetti sauce
-Refrigerator pizza crust
-Butter, about 3-4 tablespoons
-Garlic powder, about 1 teaspoon
-1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
Put the refrigerator pizza dough onto a baking sheet. Half bake it, so it's not raw, but not browned, according to package directions. Melt the butter in a small bowl. Add the garlic powder, and mix well. Brush the crust with the garlic butter. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the crust. Put it back in the oven until the crust is cooked through, the cheese is melted, and everything is golden brown and yummy. Cut into strips to make breadsticks.

While the bread is baking, boil a large pot of water. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Return to the pot, and stir in the spaghetti sauce, coating well. Serve it with the breadsticks, and enjoy. I actually reserved some spaghetti sauce to use for dipping the breadsticks, which was wonderful. Yum yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment