The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pesto Chicken Pizza


My husband and I pretty much eat pizza every Friday night. Sometimes it's just a frozen one to give me a break from cooking. Sometimes, though, I make a homemade one. Well...semi-homemade anyway. I don't make my own dough for the crust. But other than that, it's homemade. :) This one is pesto cream sauce, chicken, and cheese. We both thought it was pretty yummy. I hope you do too. Away we go.

Ingredients:
Pizza crust (this one, I made with a Boboli brand pizza crust, but any will do)
Chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I only used one, but however many you want)
Approx 1/4 cup Pesto (homemade or store bought-I made mine homemade)
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup heavy cream
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then whisk in flour. Cook for a couple minutes to make a roux. Add the cream, and mix well. Let it thicken slightly. Add the pesto, and stir well. When the pesto has melded with the cream sauce, pour it onto the pizza crust (if you're making the crust from dough, half-bake it first). Spread evenly on crust. Add the chicken on top of the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake at 400-450 for approximately 8-10 minutes (or however long for the crust to be cooked through, the cheese to be melted, and everything to be heated through). Cut into slices and serve while hot. Yum. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment