The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spaghetti and Homemade Meat Sauce


I like pasta. Oh wait...I've said that before, huh? Haha. But really, it's sometimes hard to find a tomato sauce I like. I mean, there's several I will eat, but being able to make my OWN sauce means, well, I get to make it how I want it. Which means...nothing I wish I could pick out but is too small to worry about. Yes, I am THAT bad. Haha. So anyway...this sauce is highly adaptable, too, which means if you want to add veggies or some other spices, it would be easy to do that. So here we go!

Ingredients:
1 15oz can of plain tomato sauce
1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 cups beef broth
1 to 1.5 lbs ground beef
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon sugar
Spaghetti, cooked and drained

Directions:
In a large pot over medium/medium high heat, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Add all the other ingredients, and stir to combine well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about an hour. It will reduce down slightly. Serve over hot pasta. This will make a pretty significant amount of sauce, so you can feed a lot of people, or freeze it for later. Yum! And that means...less work the second time you have spaghetti. ;) Hooray! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment