The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Honey Mustard Chicken


This is really easy. I made this when my husband and I were brand newly weds, and he has always been impressed by it, so I will occasionally make it. :) I will start out by saying that mustard of any variety is a challenge for me, but honey mustard is the best one for me. I usually have to combine it with something else though.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast (enough to feed everyone)
1/4 cup of honey mustard per chicken breast
1 table spoon of brown sugar per chicken breast
A starch to serve it with (Rice, pasta, etc)

Directions:
In a bowl, mix the honey mustard and brown sugar. Coat the chicken breast(s) with the mixture. In a skillet, over medium/medium high heat, start cooking the chicken. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, but don't let the mustard and sugar burn. Place the chicken on a piece of aluminum foil (I use rice as a starch and layer the rice below the chicken to keep it from sticking and burning when baking). Fold up the foil into a little packet around the chicken. Cook in a 400 degree oven until the chicken is cooked through, usually around 20-25 minutes. Unfold the packet and serve. Simple and basic. This would be great with some veggies, too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment