The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meatball Sub Sandwiches


I was finally able to make these. I have been putting them off because of the craziness of the last couple weeks, but I made them tonight. :) Pretty hearty and tasty meal, I think. My husband enjoyed it, too, so that's always a plus. Haha. Yum.

Ingredients:
-Ground beef (I used about 2/3 pound, maybe slightly less, and had enough for about 3-4 sandwiches)
-1 egg
-1/2 cup bread crumbs
-2 teaspoons garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-tomato pasta sauce (I used a whole can/jar)
-mozzarella cheese (I used slices)
-sub sandwich rolls

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic and onion powder until well incorporated. Roll the meat into about 1.5 inch balls. Place on a foil lined and greased baking sheet pan, and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, until meat is cooked through. In a sauce pan, heat the tomato sauce, and then add the cooked meatballs. Open up the sub rolls, and spoon a few meatballs onto one side. Put the mozzarella over the meatballs, then place the rolls with their toppings back in the oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, and close the sandwich. Cut in half for easier consumption. :) It might be easier to cut the meatballs in half so you have a flat surface to lay on the bread. Either way, I think it's pretty yummy. Make sure you have a good stack of napkins...this is a pretty messy meal, but so worth the finger-licking and wiping on napkins. Haha. Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment