The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meal Plan and Shopping List

I feel like my meal plans have been more like meal suggestions lately. Things have been so crazy around here with schedules, sickness, and holidays I just can't seem to stick to a plan. I also realized that I sometimes don't include all the spices/seasonings I'm going to be using in my ingredient list because I just always have them in my pantry (unless it's a new spice I've never used before). If it's something unusual, I try to include it (like ginger...not everyone has ginger laying around), but if it's a "common" spice or herb I tend to just assume people will have it like me. But...this is coming from a woman who has about 20-30 jars of spices, if not more. Haha. I will say that most commonly, I use garlic powder and onion powder. If it's something else, I try to mention it. Anyway, I'm hoping this week will be better, both with following a plan, and including ALL the ingredients. Haha. Anyway, here are my plans for the coming week...

Monday: Hamburgers with homemade fries; ground beef (I sometimes season it with garlic and onion powder), buns, "fixin's" (lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc), condiments, potatoes for fries.

Tuesday: Pork chops, homemade applesauce, roasted potatoes; boneless pork chops (seasoned with oregano, rosemary, garlic, onion), apples (at least 4), sugar, cinnamon if desired, potatoes (seasoned with olive oil, garlic, onion, and italian seasoning).

Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan Panini; Chicken breasts (enough to feed everyone, probably one breast per two people), mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, parmesan, garlic, italian seasoning.

Thursday: Leftovers!

Friday: Pizza

Saturday: Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce; spaghetti, crushed tomatoes (the canned kind is great), diced tomatoes (canned is great), plain spaghetti sauce, beef broth/stock, ground beef, garlic, italian seasonings, parmesan, olive oil, brown sugar

Sunday: Pork fried rice; boneless pork chops, rice, soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, onion, zucchini, carrots, eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment