The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chicken Tetrazzini


This is another simple meal that I think is yummy. It has very simple ingredients and is very easy to make. I actually made a smaller batch, but this could easily feed a lot of people. It's also great as leftovers, so I'll probably be eating this for lunch tomorrow as well. Haha. Without further ado, the good stuff.

Ingredients:
-Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed (I would say as much as you want. I used one in my smaller batch, but I would use at least three for a full batch, or more if you really want to)
-Spaghetti (a full lb/box)
-2 cups chicken broth
-1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (I made mine from scratch-1/4 cup butter, 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup cream, and 1/2 cup milk, approximate measurements)
-breadcrumbs (optional, just a sprinkled layer over the top, maybe 1/4 cup at most)
-Cheese, shredded (I used colby jack, enough to sprinkle over the top, maybe 1/2 cup or so)

Directions:
Boil water in a big pot. Cook the spaghetti until just underdone, and drain. Warm up the cream of chicken soup. Add the chicken broth. Stir to combine well. Pour the cooked spaghetti into a baking dish. Place the cubed chicken over the spaghetti. Pour the soup mixture over it all. Mix it all up, making sure the spaghetti is well coated and chicken is all mixed in. Sprinkle with the cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment