The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tomato Spinach Pasta


Ok, usually I wouldn't have two pasta meals, especially pasta made with spinach, so close together. But...I did not have the motivation to do what I had planned for dinner tonight, so I switched it with another meal this week. Oh well. This one's different than the other, so it's all good. Hehe.

This is a super easy, not too bad for you meal, and I'm glad I made it. I was so tired and unmotivated today. Haha. I hope you all like it too.

Ingredients:
-Pasta (I used penne), about 16 oz (a whole box)
-1 can roasted tomatoes
-1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or similar seasoning blend

Directions:
Boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta to al dente. Drain.

In a saucepan over medium low heat, pour the can of tomatoes. Add the seasonings and stir. Let the tomatoes heat up. When the sauce is hot, add the spinach. Stir the spinach in so it is well incorporated. Pour the sauce over the drained pasta. Stir and let the sauce cover every noodle. It won't be a really "wet" sauce, it will be mostly just chunks of tomatoes and spinach, with a little liquid. Serve it hot and top with a little mozzarella cheese. Simple and delicious. Yum.

3 comments:

  1. This looks very good! And it would be easy to go whole wheat and organic with this meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! It would most definitely be easy to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh! I want to make this!!

    I now have a food blog too!
    http://uphomecooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete