The culinary ramblings of a picky eater.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Picky Eater Chicken Fajitas


Ok, so...when I order fajitas, the onions and peppers always get left behind. I'm not a fan. I know, it's pretty much half of fajitas. But I can't stand them. So when I made these fajitas, I left them out. You can add them in if you want, it's easy to do, but I left them out. These are extremely easy and quick to make, which is always helpful for those nights you don't have a lot of time, or a lot of motivation. Super. Easy. I hope you enjoy them!

Ingredients:
-Chicken breast (enough meat to feed everyone. One breast is probably enough for two people)
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon cumin
-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
-2 tablespoons olive oil, plus one more for cooking
-tortillas
-Cheese, grated
-lime, optional
-pepper and onion, optional
-sour cream, salsa, and any other fixings you'd like

Directions:
Slice up the chicken into thin slices, before cooking. In a ziploc bag, combine spices and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the chicken (and onions and peppers if you're using them), and seal the bag. Gently massage the spices and oil into the chicken (and veggies) until coated evenly. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, letting the spices soak into the chicken (and veggies). Heat the other tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium to medium high heat. Dump the chicken (and veggies) into the skillet, cooking until the chicken is cooked through (and veggies are cooked and tender but not mushy). At the last minute, squeeze some lime juice (I used about half a lime's worth) into the skillet and stir in to the chicken. This helps to give a nice freshness to the fajitas. You don't have to do this step, but I think it tastes yummy. Serve with warmed tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, and whatever else you usually eat with fajitas. Enjoy!

2 comments: